I still haven't figured out how to post pictures. Once we arrive in Changsha I'll see if I can get Peter, our guide, to show me how to post.
We had a wonderful time, yesterday, visiting a jade factory and climbing the Great Wall . The Wall gives you a quick indication of your fitness level..ugh:) The steps are all of varying heights and depths. This was by design. In ancient times each solider memorized his portion of the wall. This enabled the soldiers to run their portion of the wall, in case of attack, but the enemy was slowed down due to the step variations. (It also slows down the tourists:) We have a few good pictures which we'll post tonight.
Right now we are eagerly anticapating the departure of our flight to Changsha (Hunan). Changsha is the capital city of the Hunan province and also the city where we will meet our daughter. We are due to meet her this afternoon, and the minutes seem to be dragging...LOL. Sarah Mei is in Chenzhou, 4 hours south of Changsha, so she is probably in transit too, right now. Pray for safety for all and a smooth transition.
2 comments:
Elaine,
Glad to know that you are on your way to Sarah Mei. That flight was so emotional for me just knowing I was about to meet my daughter. I will pray before going to bed tonight that she will be in good health and will adjust quickly to her new family. Please tell Peter hello for the Bryant family. Tell him Lilly "Su Su" is well from her illness and is happy at home with us. He is a super guide!
Jan Bryant
Hi Elaine,
I just wanted you and Torie to know that I'm praying for both of you and for Sarah Mei! I can't wait to see you in July.
love,
lora
Post a Comment