Chronicling the Horton Family's Adoptions, Heart Surgeries and Daily Life
Monday, June 18, 2007
Medical Examine & Starbucks in Guangzhou
Today we went and had Sarah Mei's required physical done by the medical clinic. She screamed everytime anyone, except for Torie & I, came within 10 feet of her. You can imagine how enjoyable the experience was for the 3 seperate Dr.'s that had to examine her. How they listened to her heart with her "vocalizations" (o.k. screaming:) is beyond me. We also filled out all of the required paperwork for the U.S. consulate appt. Our guide will take the documents to the consulate tomorrow, and if all goes well, I will be sworn in as her parent on Wed. a.m. This afternoon we went out and walked around Shaiman Island. It is an "island" seperated from the mainland by a canal and bordered by Pearl Lake. It is part of the French and British concession (o.k. history majors...help me here...I'm not really sure which war??) You can see the difference in the style of architecture. It's an interesting blend of Chinese, French and British styles. The island is quite small and only takes about an hour to walk the circumference. We walked the whole thing yesterday and most of it today. We also found a wonderful restaurant, Lucy's Bar & Grill, which specializes in western dishes. We had grill cheese, a cheeseburger and french fries yesterday. I think we'll have supper there again tonight. Today during our walking (and a little shopping) we stopped, during a brief rain shower, and drank a Starbucks. We sat on a beautiful front porch complete with upholstered furniture, ceiling fans and a beautiful view. So relaxing. It makes me realize, yet again, how I need to take the time to slowdown and enjoy God's creation when I have opportunities. Thanks again for all your prayers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment