Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One More Day...

Today Phil, Sarah Mei and Isabelle made the 3 1/2 hour drive to Charleston to visit Lily and I in the hospital.  I am happy with the amount of food Lily is eating but the Dr.'s still want her eating more.  They told us this morning that an NG tube is still a possibility if her eating doesn't increase.  Our hope was if the other girls were here maybe it would encourage her to eat.

We took Lily Rose to the cafeteria for lunch.  She gets to make trips in a wagon with her chest tubes and drainage containers in tow.  She is hooked up to a portable telemetry box that monitors her heart activity and oxygen levels.  She felt a little more "normal" in the cafeteria and ate some baked chicken and mashed potatoes.  She also enjoyed a long play session in the Atrium with Sarah Mei and Isabelle.



I'm looking forward to the Dr.'s rounds in the morning to get their opinion on her eating today.  Her chest tube drainage is very low.  If they feel her eating is adequate, there is a chance they will pull the chest tubes tomorrow.

It was wonderful to see the old Lily Rose return today!  Her smile is beautiful!!  Thanks again for your prayers.



This was the day after surgery when all of the girls and Phil and I were staying at the Ronald McDonald house. 

And this is what happens on the farm when mom is at the hospital with one of the girls...oops...I think something is missing.  This photo just made me laugh.  It's a good thing we live on acreage with no neighbors.

5 comments:

Shona said...

The smiles are wonderful! The last picture had me in stiches! Too funny! Hey if that is the worse thing that happens while you are gone, I think you are in good shape. Still praying...

Lisa said...

LOVE seeing that sweet smile!!!!

Lisa M.

Grace said...

She is so adorable and looking good!! Did you try fettuccine alfredo with her? Sincerely, Grace ps-love that last pic!

Sherri said...

Ahhhh loved the smiles!! Good news for the heart! Glad you had some special little visitors and like everyone else I LOVED the last picture!

Jen Barbee said...

So glad the smiling Lily is back ! Praying for a good report from the doctor !