We just received an update and Lily is safely out of surgery. They are getting her settled into the PCICU unit and then Dr. Bradley and Jennifer will come to talk with us about the surgery.
Thanks for all your prayers! The first hurdle is behind us. Please continue to pray for a smooth 1st 24 hours of recovery and a quick extubation (removal of the breathing tube.) The hardest thing for me about seeing the girls out of surgery is seeing them intubated. It is just pitiful to see tears streaming down their face and to hear no sound coming out. The sooner Lily is extubated the better for my mommy's heart.
Also pray for our family as we need to scramble to make arrangements for a much longer hospital stay. A Fontan procedure will require at least a 2-3 week hospital stay versus a 5-7 day stay as originally planned.
Torie and Michaela are always willing to step up to the plate and help Phil with caring for AnnaGrace, Michaela and Isabelle. We are so blessed by both their servant's heart. But it takes an emotional toll on everyone, especially Isabelle, not to have me around.
Also please pray that I'll have at least a week at home before I have to return for Isabelle's surgery on October 17th. Her pre-op appointment is October 14th, so Torie and I will be heading back to Charleston the evening of Thursday, October 13th. I love Charleston...but really...I don't want to see it from the window of a hospital room!
7 comments:
I have been getting the Yahoo updates about Lily Rose all morning on my Blackberry and have just had to come up to the computer to see her beautiful face. I'm praising the Lord with you all that she is doing well. Will continue to lift her up as she recovers.
I'm new to heart babies...my husband is a youth pastor and I'm a homeschool mom north of ATL. {2 bio daughters & 1 son from Thailand} We have the file of a 15 month old boy with ToF and a missing right radius. I'm so burdened for him. Would start the process today if we could...asking God for provision!
Thanks so much for sharing your story!
Much love in Jesus~
Kam
So glad to hear step one is done! Praying for quick recovery and easy family rescheduling. Your older girls do indeed have servants hearts!
Glad to see your update, hoping your night goes well and your little one is comfortable.
I just came acrossed your blog from the heart group. Praise the Lord her surgery was successful! I hope that her recovery goes quickly and smoothly. Blessings to all of you!
(ps. I will be following closely to get an idea of what to expect for our Elisyn's upcoming open heart surgery!)
Praises! I am so glad it went well. We will continue to pray. God has such great plans for Lily Rose's life ~ He will strengthen her heart to fullness, despite what we hear from doctors.
Sending love and praying for Him to cover you as you walk in his love and provision.
Praying for all of you and are so thankful to hear surgery went well.
Praise the Lord all went well, Elaine. We will continue to pray for all of you.
Post a Comment