The restaurant boasts an all-you-can-eat buffet, on Monday evenings, as well as food that is the closest approximation to "real" Chinese food that we have eaten since returning from China. The majority of the wait staff are native Mandarin speakers, mostly Chinese exchange students. I think they were a bit puzzled by our very southern Chinese daughters. They were even more puzzled by the fact that we have not one, or two...but FIVE daughters and are adopting one more.
We love the fact that mom lives with us. She joins us, upstairs, for our evening meals. Normally I cook supper, and she cleans up. We both liked this arrangement better...we didn't cook or clean-up!
Five and counting....
Michaela and Sarah Mei
Torie and AnnaGrace
Isabelle ate her money's worth in the regular buffet and then enjoyed every last bite of a cup of ice cream...
Delicious!
The girls will get their Valentine's candy today. We've decided to economize by buying our candy the day after Valentine's. (It's all marked-down substantially the day after Valentine's) I know, I know, it's a little unconventional, but the girls do not mind since they got a special meal out last night. And it appeals to Phil's and my frugal nature, born out of necessity from adopting three times in four years and funding five open-heart surgeries...LOL.
1 comment:
Looks like a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment