Sarah Mei and Phil
The owners of the store, Kiki and Marie, took a minute out of their busy afternoon to take a photo with Sarah Mei. They even gave her a free ice cream which made her birthday lunch complete!
About three or four months ago Sarah Mei decided she'd like to learn to play the violin. I'd love to say it was because we expose her to the arts and take her to hear the orchestra quarterly. Honestly, I have no idea what prompted her to develop a love for the violin. Aside from listening to classical music in homeschool, she's had very little exposure to string instruments. However, since I play the flute, I was thrilled to hear of her interest.
In God's providence, a friend of ours had a child's violin that she was no longer using. It needed a few repairs which the head of the strings department, at Phil's school, generously offered to repair. So on Sarah Mei's birthday, she received her first violin!!
...and a week later she started her Suzuki violin lessons with an amazing instructor, Jose Bas...
Sarah Mei's birthday ended with our favorite, a Baskin Robbins birthday cake.
3 comments:
Happy 5th Birthday Sarah Mei!!!
You look like a natural with the violin!
HaPpY BiRtHdAy! Looks like a pretty perfect day.
We remember your sweet family fondly and thank you again for your care for us when we were stateside!
Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a special day.
Shona
Post a Comment