We started our new birthday tradition today of taking the birthday girl out to lunch with JUST mom and dad - no other siblings. I can't begin to tell you how quiet it was.
We had a wonderful lunch at a local Japanese restaurant, and Torie was thrilled to order Sushi. The funniest moment at the meal was when I picked up the Wasabi, thinking it was Avocado (o.k. so I don't get out much) and took a big bite...need I say more. Torie and Phil laughed so hard they had tears rolling down their faces. Thankfully we didn't have the camera to capture THAT on film.
This evening we made my mom's famous tacos. It's ALWAYS what our girls pick for their birthday meal.

Michaela, Torie and my Mom
After we ate Torie posed for her requisite princess picture complete with tiara. Thanks for being such a good sport Torie!! I love that girl!!!

AnnaGrace and SarahMei took turns handing Torie her presents.

Torie with her dependable package delivery system!

After opening presents everyone watched as Torie blew out the Cinderella candle on her ice cream cake. (Thanks for the recipe Linny.) You may notice Torie is trying not to laugh while blowing out her single candle.


There's a reason for that...we discovered poor Cinderella was decapitated when we pulled her of the drawer. We've used her on every birthday cake for several years now, and I guess the repeated lighting's of the wick were more than she could take. We managed to still light the candle, but it was a bit hard to keep a straight face while blowing out a headless princess.
I guess we'll be doing a little candle shopping before AnnaGrace's birthday in August.
Isabelle was unfazed by Cinderella's predicament. She just wanted her cake!


Happy Birthday Torie. Our 1st Tinkerbelle and Original Princess!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Torie! What a good sport you are.
Happy Birthday Torie!!!!
Elaine - absolutely counting down the days until our trip! Can't wait to finally meet you!
Happy {belated} birthday Torie!! Laughed about the headless princess...too funny. So glad that lunch was special and the ice cream cake looks yummy!! The pictures tell the story - you are one blessed family!! xo
Post a Comment