
Sarah Mei - After just being placed in my Arms by her Ayi
The overwhelming joy I felt that day and every time the Lord blesses us with another child just leaves me speechless. Lest you think I always felt that way...just ask my mom. She will quickly remind you that I was the daughter who said I never wanted to get married, and if I did get married, I NEVER wanted children. Look at me now...five children later...and wishing that I had more.
I love serving the Lord who is in the miracle business....
My love for motherhood is definitely a miracle!! Adoption is a miracle!! Sarah Mei surviving her heart condition until she came home from China is a miracle!! After two open-heart surgeries in 2007 & 2008 and many check-ups, Sarah Mei gets a clean bill of health (cardiac-speaking) from the pediatric cardiologist this week and now only needs annual check-ups. That is a miracle!!


Sarah Mei - home three years - that is a miracle!!
Thank you Jesus for blessing us again!! Words can never express our gratitude.
Thank you for being in the miracle business!!
...A funny side note. Most families celebrate their Chinese daughters' Gotcha Days by going to a Chinese restaurant. That makes sense.
Our family, being a bit unconventional (o.k. some may just call us strange), goes somewhere a little different for our girls Gotcha Days...the local Mexican restaurant, Mazatalan.
Picture this...sweet Chinese girls, with deep Southern accents, celebrating their homecomings from China by practicing their Spanish at a Mexican restaurant:) Nothing "ordinary" about our family!!
2 comments:
Love it!!! We celebrate our Gotcha day going out for Italian. Your girls are beautiful.
Happy 3 years!!!
Our girls love Mexican food too, it seems to always crack the waiters up to see two little Chinese girls going to town on the salsa!
Haven't checked in on your blog in a while, hope all is going well!
Post a Comment