Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Face of Adoption

Yesterday I was writing a few thank you notes to a Congressman and an INS worker who helped expedite Isabelle's adoption paperwork. I printed photos of Isabelle to show them how far she has come in the last 5 months. I was ABSOLUTELY stunned by what I saw.

This is the face of adoption:



Please look at both of those photos on your screen at one time. Look at Isabelle's eyes. This is the adoption story! From hopelessness to hope. From despair to love. From despondency to belonging. What is this worth in the life of a child???

The Lord just spoke to me through these photos in a new way. I know she is my daughter, but what is this worth?? What is His love worth and what is the love of a family worth to an orphan??

If the Holy Spirit has ever whispered to you to consider adoption...listen!! It's the most precious gift both to the child...and to your family:)

3 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

It is just amazing that she could change that quickly. We have similar pictures of Justin when he first came from Ukraine. It is quite shocking to see the life in their little faces along with big smilies compared to a drawn face with sad eyes!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Priceless! God is SO good to us!!!
blessings!

Carolin said...

goose bumps galore, i completely agree!!!