We continue our stay in the hospital. Isabelle started antibiotics last Thursday for a suspected blood infection. The blood infection was confirmed on Friday and adjustments were made to the antibiotics. Unfortunately she had 3 positive blood cultures. The good news is at 24 hours the 4th culture is still negative. We have to wait for 48 hours to confirm a negative result, but we're hopeful that the antibiotics are beginning to do their job.
After meeting with the Attending today, the tentative plan is to continue her IV antibiotics for 7 days, post a negative blood culture. Beyond that, she may go home with a PIC line for additional weeks of antibiotics.
The last 48 hours were VERY hard for me. We're on Day 20 in the hospital and time is slowing to a crawl. I've never been particularly good at waiting or sitting. I usually have multiple "To Do" lists in place for homeschool, work, home projects, etc. Just sitting in a hospital is making me a bit stir crazy.
That being said, I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of strength. And Phil also surprised me and is traveling to Charleston, today, with AnnaGrace and Sarah Mei for a 2 day visit.
I know in a month or two this will all be a distant memory, but I pray that I'll be conformed more to the image of Christ through this experience. I see His hand in our lives on a daily basis.
3 comments:
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo happy the family is coming down.Hopefully we can come see ya'll soon. Love ya!!!!! Katie
Praying strength for you Elaine! Love you!
Praying for peace and strength for you. Be encouraged that you all walking through this is a wonderful testimony. Because of seeing you all do this, we are adopting a child off the Hope list. Just finished our homestudy, next stop...INS.
Looking forward to getting together when you all are home and healthy.
Shona
Post a Comment