Although our stay has obviously been much longer than we anticipated, I have to give testimony to the little ways the Lord has used others to minister to us while in the hospital.
Before leaving for Charleston, Phil's school - SouthLake Christian Academy - took up a love offering and gave us a pre-paid Visa for the trip. We've been able to pay for our meals, our lodging at the Ronald McDonald house and our parking with these funds. We didn't know we would need the added funds, for the added days, but the Lord knew and provided before we even asked.
Kifton, RN (one month away from her NP) - found a laptop computer that no one was using and brought it to my room to use. She also just made a recent medical missions trip to Haiti. She shared her photos and contacts with me. Phil and Michaela hope to travel to Haiti this summer for Michaela's first missions trip.
Michael, Phlebotomy - He has drawn blood on Isabelle at least 3 times. He's very well-read and loves China and it's history. After exchanging names of books that we have enjoyed reading, he dropped off a book Mao and Nixon for me to read while in the hospital. What a blessing! I was finished with the one book that I brought (only expecting to be here for a week) and was in desperate need of some diversion.
Adrienne, RN and Jenny, RN - They are wonderful nurses who have fallen in love with Isabelle. They make sure we are well cared for and teach Isabelle new "tricks" like saying up/down when she has to put her arm up for her temperature. They also have "play time" with Isabelle each day. And the best part...they share their chocolate with me!!
Jen, Dr. Bradley's PA - While Torie was in town last week, Jen arranged for her to shadow Jen's husband who is a PA in the ER. Torie is a biology/Spanish double-major and is trying to determine which area of medicine she wants to pursue. The day spent in the ER was a great help.
Jen also helped get a file, of a little girl with a heart defect, reviewed last week. We're praying the information will help the adoption agency place this little girl in her forever home.
Jen is the one I know I can always page if I need help or an answer to a question!!
Dr. Rani Bandisode - She's the physician who performed Isabelle's pre-op cath. She's an expert in the field and is the one who reviewed the file of the heart baby from China. What a blessing she gives of her time so freely to help a child 1/2 way around the world.
Dr. Bill Hammill - Our pediatric cardiologist has been available by phone for all my questions while in the hospital. Thanks Bill!!
The Dr.'s say that if Isabelle is "boring" (medically speaking, of course) for the next 4 days, they will discharge her after the 2:00 p.m. dose of antibiotics on Sunday. Sunday will mark the 45th day I've been out of town or in the hospital since mid-January. Pray for God's continued strength as I count down!
5 comments:
Praying you home Elaine, praying you home friend!
Praying for you all
((hugs))
Brandee
Wow! 45 days. Your outlook is beautiful. So glad you were able to receive His fullness around you.
Blessings, Ashley
I pray that you are our of the hospital as I type! You may have missed my last reply email to you as I forgot to send it to you using the "right" email. Think and pray for you often! And we have LOA if you don't know yet.
You made it home!!! Selfishly, we were all very sad on rounds passing your room yesterday, but we're so glad you are able to finally be home with all your family! I hope and pray sweet little Isabelle continues to thrive at home. We miss you here at MUSC! Give my best to all your family and please hug my favorite little "squeaker"! :)
Post a Comment