
Phil and the girls came to Charleston this weekend. It's wonderful to see Phil, Michaela, AnnaGrace and Sarah Mei. Torie got the weekend "off" from hospital duty and is in Boone, NC attending a RUF retreat. She'll be returning to the hospital this afternoon.
Isabelle is doing GREAT except for her chest drainage. I anticipated being in the hospital for 5-6 days. Surprise, surprise, Isabelle is still draining more than double the volume that is needed to pull her chest tube and today is Day 11 in the hospital.
However, the drainage isn't slowing Isabelle down a bit. She enjoys spending every minute possible in the Children's Atrium. MUSC has a wonderful children's play area that we visit once or twice a day. It's a nice break from the 4 walls of the hospital room.
The staff on 7C (the step-down cardiac floor) are wonderful and are beginning to feel like family; however, I'm still ready to be home with ALL my children under one roof.
Keep praying that the drainage will dry up!
Here is Isabelle in the child's atrium practicing the skills that are "practiced" on her, every day, by the nurses and Dr.'s.

7 comments:
She looks wonderful! I am amazed how strong she looks. I think about you all the time and how courageous you all are. Praying you all will be together soon!
Hugs and blessings, Ashley
We are praying for Isabelle. I think it was last night or the night before that Lilly was thanking God for our food and said " and Isabelle".
In Christ,
Shelby B.
P.S. She is so cute!!!
I could eat her up!!!! Can't wait to meet sweet Isabelle.
Love and continued prayers
Sherri
We are praying for you and Isabelle! Love and miss you!
So glad you got to spend time with your other girls. I know you must be so homesick for them.... Praying you are all together soon. Thanks for the update.
So sorry to hear that the drainage has not decreased. Keep persevering, Elaine as you are so close to the finish line of this surgery/hospitalization. We will continue to pray for all of you.
Isabelle is adorable! We'll be praying for all of you.
Post a Comment