

After picking up the documents, I was disappointed to discover that 2 of our documents had to be redone...that's when I caved on our financial fast....walking in the flesh...sigh. I booked a hotel room (it was free with points we had accumulated) but I bought a Starbucks coffee (true confessions) and ordered a pizza. Total in the hole for the day: $31.00
The good news...my sweet husband had the 2 documents redone, so they were waiting and ready when I got home yesterday. Yesterday at 4:30 p.m. all our documents were overnighted to Raleigh and/or Washington D.C. to a courier who will hand carry everything to the U.S. State Dept. and the Chinese Consulate. Lord-willing they will ALL be back in our hands by next Friday and then we can overnight them to our adoption agency.
In addition to completing the 2 adoption documents, Phil made 2 returns and bought me 3 red roses with part of the proceeds. His note to be was "Just Because I Love You." How sweet is that! After 22 years of marriage, it just keeps getting better!
Our Net Financial Outgo since Sept. 1st: $6.00 (after expenditures and reimbursements from returns).
Tomorrow I get to go grocery shopping with our $40 weekly budget (part of our financial fast.) I am busily cutting out coupons and matching them with the store sales fliers. I'll let you know how it goes...tomorrow.
One Additional Praise....God met our needs in the most unexpected way yesterday. I received an e-mail from another adoptive mom with a heart of gold. She said she had dress shoes that her girls had hardly worn and aren't using, and she's shipping them to us!! We truly do serve an awesome God who provides abundantly more than we ask or expect. Ashley...THANKS just isn't adequate for your sweet gift to us. I pray God's rich blessings on your family as you continue the adoption of your son!! Check out her beautiful family at her blog.
When I first received the e-mail my reaction (again...in the flesh) was that's nice but I wanted to dismiss the offer (not because I wasn't THRILLED with the offer...but quite frankly due to pride...it's SO much harder to receive than give.) Last night as I read another chapter in Adopted for Life by Russell D. Moore

a statement he made, concerning his own pride in accepting help when they were adopting, convicted me..."Maybe you just need to repent of your pride and self-confidence and just let somebody bless you." Ashley...thanks for blessing us!!
2 comments:
I literally just started this book 30 minutes ago! I'm excited to get into it further! :)
Elaine, thank you for posting the details of your fast! I am eager to hear how the shopping goes, we have a major money meltdown every time we go to the store!! We are trying to raise $240 to buy goats for four families in Ethiopia, and I know that would help us a lot!! We will be following you eagerly!
Post a Comment