Friday, June 27, 2008

Surgery Postponed to 12:40 p.m.

We arrived in Charleston on Wednesday, had a full, grueling day of pre-op on Thursday and arrived at the hospital this morning to find out that Sarah Mei's surgery was postponed to 12:40 p.m. today. I just handed her off to the cardiac team for surgical prep. Please pray specifically for her surgeon, Dr. Scott Bradley. He is an amazing surgeon with skilled hands. Pray for his stamina as he already had an unexpected surgery this morning and will now perform at least a 6 hour surgery on Sarah Mei. Pray for God's wisdom for Dr. Bradley as he accesses Sarah Mei's heart and plans the best course of action. The best case scenario is that he will be able to use Sarah Mei's own heart tissue to rebuild her mitral valve. His 2nd choice is to use a cow pericardium to augment her tissue. And the final option is to use a metal heart valve. Pray for the Lord's will to be done!
I'll keep the blog updated today. Thanks for your prayers!!

The Lord keeps bringing to mind the verse He laid on my heart, last year, before we traveled to China to pick up Sarah Mei. Below I've personalized it..

"I (the Lord) hem in Sarah Mei-behind and before: I have laid my hand upon her." Psalm 139:5 There's no place I'd rather Sarah Mei be than in the palm of our Lord's hand. Amen.

No comments: