They were able to extubate Savannah Faith last night. And after sleeping all night and until 11:00 a.m. today, she finally decided to wake up.
The great news is her blood pressure is where is it needs to be. She took a full bottle of formula from me at 1:00. She doesn't seem to be struggling with pain despite the fact we can't give her the full pain protocol. (She needs to take her Tylenol and other pain med by mouth, and until I can sneak it into her bottle, she's not getting it.).
Right now she is happily kicking her legs and watching Blue Clues despite the fact that she still has a central line, 2 arterial lines, 2 IV lines (one in each foot), an oxygen cannula in her nose, a foley and pacing wires attached to her heart and an external box. Oh and did I mention 2 chest tubes and a new median sternotomy (incision in the chest and "cracked" sternum.). Any adult would me whining and moaning.
The only prayer request is that her heart rhythm's will stabilize. Her heart rate is still slow and is being completely controlled by the pacing box.
5 comments:
Thanks for the updates. We will continue to pray.
Shona
Continuing to pray for your sweet Savannah Faith. Glad to hear that she is extubated! Praying for her rhythm to kick right back into place!
Oh this sounds so much better. I do not know how you do it. I'm wincing and I'm on the other side of the country.
Prayers continuing,
nancy
Sounds really positive:) Way to go, Savannah Faith. Will continue to pray for speedy healing and regular rhythms for your sweet babe! You must be so relieved...
So glad she woke up and is in pretty good spirits. Praying for the rhythm.
Post a Comment