Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Jesus with "skin on" & Daisy (aka - Lainey) is Fully Funded

Recently I was just having a few hard weeks.  You know weeks when you feel all alone.  Our budget was extra tight.  Left-over medical bills and adoption loans.  No one seemed to understand.  Okay, maybe I was just having a bit of a pity-party, but I was in need of seeing Jesus with "some skin-on".  You know what I mean??

Then I got a most unexpected phone call.  A sweet friend, that I haven't talked with in several years other than a random FB post or e-mail, called and and asked if she could bless us by buying our girls some dresses for the spring/summer season.  Ahem...I was speechless.  Humbled.  Amazed. 

Elizabeth you were truly Jesus, to me, "with skin-on".  Thanks for being obedient to His Spirit and for giving sacrificially to bless our family!!

I LOVE the dresses!!



And on another note...a special thanks to all of you who donated to Daisy's (aka - Lainey's) heart cath fund.  She is fully funded and should be having her heart cath in China in the next week or two.  Please pray for God's hand of protection on Lainey and for His guiding hand for the Dr.'s as they perform this delicate procedure.

Here is a photo of sweet Lainey from last year.  Despite the low quality of the photo, you can see how blue she is.  Keep praying for an adoptive family to step forward for this sweet little 5 year old girl.  She's been waiting for over a year for a family to call her own!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

You girls are beautiful!!! The sparkle in their eyes makes me smile. Have days like you had ~ hugs. What a beautiful celebration from Him.

I will be praying for sweet Daisy and your beautiful family.
I love the picture of everyone at the top of your new blog :).