Friday, August 20, 2010

AnnaGrace is 10!

Wednesday we celebrated AnnaGrace's 10th Birthday.

She chose Everest Grill, one of our favorite local Greek/hamburger restaurants, for her lunch date locale.







I am always surprised by how excited the girls get to have Phil and I ALL to themselves on a date. This lunch date was no exception!

In the evening we continued the birthday festivities by eating my mom's famous tacos (always on our birthday menu) and opening presents.

My mom gave AnnaGrace PlayMobile horses and riders. We started a PlayMobile collection more than fifteen years ago for Torie and have added to it every since. It is a favorite timeless toy for all our girls.



After opening presents, we enjoyed a homemade ice cream cake. AnnaGrace chose a pound cake/ice cream cake recipe...delicious! It's actually a recipe that my little sister made for our family last year, and I think it will be our new birthday cake recipe. Unfortunately Lora wasn't here to enjoy it with us since she's deployed, with the Air Force, in South Korea...sigh. We'll have to make her a cake when she returns!





Despite the fact that it was AnnaGrace's birthday, every day is a party for Sarah Mei. She dressed up like Snow White (a great garage sale costume find) and made her own fun while AnnaGrace opened presents.



She likes to "honk" Phil's nose to see what noises he'll make. (Wouldn't his high school students where he is high school principal be surprised at this!)



Our prayer for AnnaGrace this year comes from Psalm 1 which she has memorized...

(AnnaGrace's) "delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His law (she) meditates day and night. 3 (She) is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever (she) does prospers." Psalm 1: 2,3

3 comments:

Our family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Anna Grace!!!Double digits-wow! Hope you had a great day! Love,
Shelby

Kevin and Pam said...

Happy Birthday Anna Grace! I sure enjoy watching you grow up on your mom's blog. I hope someday my family and I can meet you! Love, The Greer Family

Our family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ANNA GRACE I HOPE YOU HAD A FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY.
DOUBLE DIGITS HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MORE BLESSINGS AHEAD OF YOU.
LOVE,KATIE