Monday, August 16, 2010

Another Child - Home Forever

Yesterday we had the privilege of seeing another Ethiopian child come home. Eyayu joined his family, the Hoffmans, after 13 LONG months of paperwork and waiting.

Eyayu was one of the Summer of Hope children who stayed in Charlotte last summer. He is the third Summer of Hope child to finally make it home. I can't explain the tears of joy I cry each time one of them makes it home.

I wish I could share all the "God stories" in Eyayu's homecoming. Just three or four weeks ago his paperwork was still lost in the system. Through a series of God events including an unexpected visit to Ethiopia by a physician, prayer intervention by an African national stateside, many phone calls, and God "interventions", Eyayu is now in the states where he can get his much needed heart surgery.



My favorite moment yesterday morning was when the Hoffman family stood together, for the first time - all seven of them including little Joseph - born to the Hoffmans just six days before Eyayu passed court in Ethiopia as their son. How sweet that the Lord blessed this family with two more sons within six days.

The Hoffman Family (baby Hoffman is in the sling)



Seven more of the Summer of Hope children are waiting to be joined with their adoptive families but four are still on the list to be matched with a family. If you've ever considered adopting, please consider a son! The four boys that wait are ages 10 and 11.

No comments: