Friday, July 30, 2010

Michaela - One Week Post-Op


This is Michaela last week in the hospital. I'm not sure if she's hiding from the camera or from the surgeon??

Last Saturday a.m. we were at Presbyterian Downtown waiting for her urinary tract surgery. It ended up being much more involved than we had hoped.

Her surgeon, brilliantly, opted for the anesthesiologist to give Michaela an epidural (while she was under general anesthesia) which made her 1st 36 hours of recovery bearable since she didn't have any pain. Unfortunately she was VERY sick from the general anesthesia...yuk!!

She came home Sunday evening and has spent the remainder of the week on the couch. Yesterday she begged to go to the final youth group Bible study at church. Amazingly she made it through the entire 1 1/2 hour study but than collapsed when she got home.

The Dr. told her two weeks of complete rest and four weeks before she can return to a full slate of activities.

In a few months, when we're in Swaziland on our mission's trip, this will be a faint memory!!

You got to love that smile...even in the hospital!

3 comments:

Carolin said...

OH NO! I had no idea, hope she is feeling well SOON!

Our family said...

We hope Michaela's recovery is super speedy!

Our family said...

I will be praying for you, Michaela!You're so brave!!I got your letter today-thanks!I'll write soon!-Shelby