
We went to our pediatric cardiologist last Monday. Isabelle was somewhat cooperative but wasn't still enough for them to get complete details on her echo. We do know that she has a single ventricle defect as suspected. Unfortunately we don't know if her low SAT's (oxygen levels) are from pulmonary stenosis or a pulmonary artery blockage.
We are scheduled to go to MUSC on Tuesday,February 23rd for a catherization and a 3-D echo. Isabelle will be under general anesthesia for these procedures, so please pray for no complications. The results of the cath will give us direction as to the next steps needed. If she has blockage, open-heart surgery may not be an option. We haven't discussed that possibility much, but I think a heart/lung transplant will be the only option if there s blockage. We are praying for stenosis which means a 2 phase open-heart surgery will be a possibility. She would have the 1st surgery, the Glenn procedure, done quickly and then the 2nd surgery, the Fontan, done in a couple of years.
We have such a peace about the whole process. We were disappointed with the delayed cath date, but it ended up being a blessing. Isabelle caught a cold from one of us and is still trying to get over it. Alas...God's timing IS perfect:)
When we started the process for Isabelle the Lord impressed upon my heart this verse:
"...All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Ps. 139:16
We know the Lord is in charge of each of our lives including Isabelle's.
I continue to be overwhelmed with the Lord's graciousness to me. As my mom reminds me, "You're the one (in my early 20's) that said I'm never getting married and if I do I'm NEVER having children." I thought I wanted a career and independence. God's plan is SO much better. I love being a mom and am SO thankful that He's given me a chance to love another one of His children. I am TRULY blessed!!

7 comments:
I can't believe how much happier she looks already!!!
Isabelle is beautiful! Jan will be so glad to see this update on your blog, too. Praying for a 'good' outcome at MUSC.
In His Grip,
Sheri Dills
Yes, my cousin was right - I am so glad to get another update on little Isabelle. Please keep us in mind if we can help in anyway on 2/23. We will be in prayer for the procedures and for God's will to be done in this precious little girl's life!
So beautiful how He truly knows what we need!
We will pray for the 23rd -
Your girls are beautiful! Isabelle is such a precious addition!!!
Blessings!
Ashley
Awsome Pictures!!!! I am praying.She is sooooo cute.tell everyone hello!! Love katie
We will be praying for your appt at MUSC. Prayers for wisdom and continued peace. She is such a beautiful, beautiful baby!
We will be praying for Isabelle
Post a Comment