Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wed. a.m. Update

The Dr.'s were finally able to extubate Isabelle at about 3:00 a.m. this morning. She really fought waking up and kept dropping her O2 levels. She's now on minimum pain meds and her SAT's are stable at the low-70's. Please pray for a surgical slot to open in Dr. Bradley's schedule by the beginning of the week.

We are waiting until this afternoon to decide whether Isabelle will come home for a few days or just stay in the hospital until her surgery. The decision will depend on how stable her SAT's stay once off all pain meds and also when she can get on the surgical schedule.

Please continue to pray for God's timing in all of this. We are SO encouraged by your prayers and comments. We feel the hand of God on us as we walk this road.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

The Edwards' are praying for you. My brother and many friends are in Charleston so let me know if you need anything. I could have an army by your side - you just let me know.

Shannon

Sherri said...

Elaine
We continue to pray for God's perfect timing! May it be swift Dear Lord. He is holding each of you in the palm of His hand.
We love you
Sherri

Our family said...

We are praying for Isabelle!
Love,
Shelby and Katie

Our family said...

Praying Elaine! If you stay, please email me or call. I'll be glad to come down and bring some homemade food : )

Anonymous said...

I am praying. I love you!
Kaela
P.S. The house isn't a total wreck yet :)

Terry said...

Elaine I am praying!!!Let me know when you know her surgery date.
Love,Terry

Anonymous said...

We are continuing to pray for your sweet girl!!! Praying for a speedy surgery date!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God surgery is so close! We continue to pray for Isabelle as well as the rest of your family. We would love to help in any way we can. I'll call the house today!

Lisa

Mayes Family said...

Joining in prayer with so many others for Isabelle's complete healing !! Love you... Mary & Family

Jen Barbee said...

Praying, praying, praying!!!!

Janice Brewer said...

Hi Elaine,
Your Mom is not at work today so the Wireway gang needs an update. Hoping and praying that Isabelle is doing ok and the surgery will be soon.
Janice Brewer & Susan Davis

Grace said...

Praying for you guys!! We are in the process of adopting a little guy with a single ventricle heart also. Waiting for our I-800A to be approved.

Jamie said...

Thank you for the update, little Isabelle is on our hearts and in our prayers! We will pray for the surgery slot to open up! What an awesome testimony to God's protection that little girl is!

Blessings,
Jamie Ashton

Jen Barbee said...

Still praying, praying, praying.

Ashley said...

Praying precious Isabelle - Please let me know if there is anything else you need. Sending hugs! Ashley