

Life on a farm is always full of surprises. This morning's surprise...49 escaped laying hens. The girls went out to feed the chickens this morning and discovered the roof had blown off of the portable hen house Phil built. They spent the next 30 minutes chasing hens around the pasture.
But all the work is balanced with moments like the ones pictured below:


Horses are very reticent to stay laying down when a person approaches. It takes a long time to earn their trust and to be able to do what AnnaGrace is doing with her pony. Torie snapped these photos with her cell phone. This is one of the many reasons I LOVE life on a farm!!
Other happenings this month...
Michaela turned 14...how did that happen?? Do you remember when you were young and you hated everyone saying "you've grown so much". It's such a lame thing to say and yet I hear myself saying that to my own children when they have another birthday. Birthdays are a continual reminder to cherish every moment.

Lest you think Michaela always celebrates her birthdays in her robe, the pink robe was a birthday gift from Phil and I. Michaela is taking some on-line classes for homeschool. They are in the morning and one of the perks of being homeschooled...you can go to class in your P.J.'s and robe! She was excited to get not only a robe, but a HUGE mug, from Torie. Now she has visions of morning classes wrapped in her cozy robe while sipping on her hot chocolate!!
3 comments:
Life on a farm is never boring, that's for sure! Happy Belated Birthday to Michaela. I love that pink robe.
Happy late birthday Michaela!
Anna Grace - what a sweet picture of you and your pony. I'll check out the new blog- I LOVE saving money. In Christ,
Shelby B.
Your pony is so sweet. I hate you have to sell her but i know you are happy you get to ride POPCORN.He is so sweet too.
Post a Comment