Savannah Faith is taking it all in stride. It's amazing how quickly she has settled into the rhythm of our family life.
This weekend Torie and Michaela took all the little girls outside and did a photo shoot. They are relishing the fact that I've loosened my grip on my camera.
Here Lily Rose shows the mark of a true farm girl...sporting a dress but still wearing her cowgirl boots!
The series of next 3 photos is SO typical of Lily Rose and Isabelle. What started out as an innocent flower smelling session, quickly turned into Lily Rose twirling a flower and "accidentally" bumping Izzy in the nose. They both thought it was hysterical. Lily Rose just can't help herself!
While the girls walked from photo spot to photo spot, Savannah Faith hung out - literally - in a baby carrier on Michaela's back. I LOVE those chubby toddler legs!
Over the years, we have slowly sold off our horse herd. The expenses of adoptions and open-heart surgeries have trumped the need for horse feed and horse show entry fees. The older two girls, the true horse lovers, have adjusted their riding careers and are now offering to ride for other horse owners. The beauty of that arrangement is no cost is involved in riding other peoples' horses.
We are down to our last two "equine liabilities", as Phil lovingly refers to our horses. Before I was pregnant with Michaela, we bought Hustler, who is now 30 years old. Popcorn, our aged eventing pony, was a gift to Michaela on her 7th birthday. They are part of the family now.
They have taught the oldest four girls to ride and are in the midst of teaching Izzy and Lily Rose the ropes.
They need to hang on long enough to teach Savannah Faith the finer points of equestrian prowess. I love how quiet they are with the younger girls.
When not enjoying life on our farm, we love to sneak off and catch a good garage sale.
Last Saturday Michaela, Savannah Faith and I hit the roads to find some deals at a local neighborhood garage sale. I had resolved myself to the fact that I was going to have to breakdown and buy a vacuum cleaner at Target over the weekend. But lo and behold, at the first garage sale we hit, a Hoover Wind Tunnel, my dream vacuum, met my eyes. I didn't even have to bargain...
Yep...that's $5.00 for the most amazing vacuum I've ever owned. The Lord meets us even in the little things.
For now we're going to enjoy the next month until we head to Charleston for Savannah Faith's heart cath on May 15th.
And Savannah Faith is going to continue to figure out farm life.
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures!! I always wanted a white horse growing up. My husband grew up on a dairy farm...he says no horses.
Beautiful! So glad that your little darling is settling in so nicely.
Post a Comment