Sunday, March 3, 2013

We're in China!

We landed Saturday evening after an uneventful, 13 hour flight from Chicago to Beijing.   Our guide and driver met us, and we made the hour drive to the hotel.  Exhaustion set-in, so we settled for a supper of snack bars and bottled water. 

We were in bed by 7:30 p.m. but not before we snapped one picture of AnnaGrace on her first night back in her birth country.  The photo was taken on the patio of our room which overlooked a beautiful pond and garden.








I find the signage in China fascinating.  Not quite sure what this sign meant.  It was on the side of the highway on our drive from the Beijing airport to our hotel.






Do you think they were worried about people transporting tall giraffe??  Probably not.

Today we made the plane trip from Beijing to Changsha, and tomorrow we are visiting AnnaGrace's orphanage. 

Thanks for your prayers as we spend the next three weeks in China.

3 comments:

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

So glad you made the long trip without incidence. Rest up!
nancy

Brooke said...

So glad you made it safely to China! Enjoy the SWI visit. If you get to meet any waiting kiddos, I'd be happy to help you advocate for them. Prayers for a wonderful gotcha day too! Can't wait to see pictures.

Unknown said...

Wahoo!!! I was praying for you this morning before church! Then I got this great email. AnnaGrace looks so beautiful! May the Lord bless each of you.
Love you