....Yuelu Academy, Continued
Sadly, I can't get on Blogger anymore, so Torie has graciously agreed to post my blog updates for me.
Speaking of Torie...I have to brag for a minute. While we are here in China, Torie is giving up her college spring break to babysit Sarah Mei, Lily Rose and Isabelle. This is the first time, in six trips, she hasn't accompanied me to China, and it's just not the same without her! But I am blessed that at 22 she is willing to sacrifice her one week vacation to help the family!
Thanks Torie!
Now back to the Yuelu Academy....
After we finished touring the buildings, we were treated to a short Bronze Bell Chime performance. Although plaques were placed at the base of each musician and instrument, I'm assuming indentifying the four instruments used in the performance, they were all in Mandarin so were lost on me. However, the musicians were skilled and being a flutist myself, the recorder/flute instrument was my personal favorite.
After the concert we walked to the base of the mountains to the see the pavilion. While there, I made the find of the day...a place where I could rent Miao minority costumes for 10 RMB each. The girls dressed in the costumes, and I was allowed to photograph them.
Some were more excited about this prospect than others. However, I thought it was the best $3.50 I've spent so far this trip. Michaela doesn't share the sentiment. Maybe that's because as soon as she donned the costume, a Chinese national ran up to have her photo taken with Michaela. This happens every trip because of Michaela's dark hair and blue/green eyes, but never when she has been in a Miao costume. That's one for the scrapbook.
1 comment:
LOVE the bright colors! So nice of your girls to humor you so you can practice your photography skills!
nancy
Post a Comment