We've been home two weeks, and we're getting into the routine of life. Polishing toe nails. Dressing up like princesses. Riding horses. You know...the important things!
While the girls and I have been playing, Phil has fixed everything that broke while we were in China.
When deciding to adopt, you can rest assured the enemy will attack! Our attack came in the form of a series of broken items. A 3rd story plate glass window in our house which broke inexplicably. Dishwasher. Back window and door in our vehicle. Washing Machine. I'm thankful I married a man who can fix (almost) anything. We did have to purchase a new washing machine, but he was able to repair the rest of the items.
Phil's teachers started full-time this past Monday and his students begin next Monday, so I decided to restart our homeschool this week too. We managed to fit in a few weeks of school before I left for China, and today we had fun taking our "first day of school" photos.
After our photo session AnnaGrace practiced being an archaeologist and dug for a treasure in a pyramid while the little girls painted. And Lily Rose seemed to enjoy her first day of homeschool too!
Next week Torie, Isabelle, Lily and I will head to MUSC in Charleston for Lily's heart cath on Tuesday. We're praying it will reveal why her oxygen levels are so low and also give Dr. Bradley, the heart surgeon, the necessary information to determine which heart surgery he will be performing on her in the future.
I can't wait for everyone on staff to meet Lily. The staff at MUSC are "old friends" now and Lily will surely charm them with her outgoing personality!
2 comments:
What a beautiful class! I love your signs. We have one family vacation and then we have to hit the books. Lily Rose looks like she has been there all of her life!
Blessings!
I loved all the pictures of my beautiful nieces! We will be praying for the cath on Tuesday.
love,
Terry
Post a Comment