Monday, May 9, 2011

Lily Rose Update

Last week we got our first update on Lily in six months.  One of the hardest parts of the adoption journey is seeing your sweet child's face and then waiting and waiting and waiting to hear an update.  Our last update on Lily, besides getting her oxygen level, was in October, right before we said "yes" to adopting her.  You can imagine our joy at getting an e-mail update last week!

Unfortunately the news on her was a little discouraging.  We found out she spent a month in the hospital from mid-February to mid-March for a severe "infection of the tonsils" and "acute tympanitis" (ear infection).  We have no idea if her tonsils were removed and what else occurred in the hospital.  Of course my heart breaks that I was not there to hold her and advocate for her while in the hospital, but I pray that she had loving caregivers that did the best they could.

I continually remind myself that the Lord loves her even more than we do, and I take great comfort in this!!

After receiving the update, we requested a few new photos of her.  We are so grateful that the orphanage took the time to take 2 photos of her and send them to us just two days later.  what a gift!!

So here is our sweet Lily, just last week!




Please continue to pray with us for God's hand of protection on Lily while she waits to be joined with our family.  The update did say that her oxygen levels continue to be 81% and that she gets tired and must rest if she walks too much.  She is clearly weak and needs her next heart surgery soon!  We are thankful that God is on His throne and is overseeing this whole process.

7 comments:

Our family said...

She is so adorable!!! I can't wait to meet her... I will be praying for her and the rest of the family.
katie

Ashley said...

Sweetness! That first little picture looks like she is reaching out to you ;).

She looks like she is full of joy!

Doug said...

She's precious, Elaine.

I guess it's ok for a guy to use a word like that. :-)

Shona said...

That smile of hers is beautiful! We will pray for her health, and quick travel. The waiting is sooo hard.

Elizabeth said...

What a precious smile! Praying for you all!

Jen Barbee said...

That last pictures of her just takes my breath away.

Jen Barbee said...

That last picture is just too cute for words!!!