We received news that we will not be receiving a matching grant from Lifesong, that we had applied for a few months ago, for our adoption expenses. The economy has hit all non-profits and the grant agencies are no exception. At first I was disappointed and trying to figure how the Lord was going to provide the $12,000 balance that remains for Lily's adoption...
(This is a photo Phil took last May when he was on a mission's trip in Peru...it helps me visualize crossing the Jordan...see below)
....but as I was praying about this aspect of the adoption, the Lord showed me this passage in Joshua, where the Lord commands the Israelites to cross the Jordan to finally enter the Promised Land...
"So when the people broke camp to cross the Jordan, the priests carrying the Ark of the Covenant went ahead of them. Now the Jordan is at flood stage all during the harvest. Yet as soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water's edge, the water from upstream stopped flowing. It piled up in a heap a great distance away....while all Israel passed by until the whole nation had completed the crossing on dry ground."
Joshua 3:14, 15, 16a, 17b
I was reminded that not only did the Lord part the Jordan so the Israelites could cross on dry ground (as if that wasn't amazing enough!), but just to show His might and power...He did it during flood time!
This adoption is "flood time" for our finances. This is our 4th international adoption (3rd in 4 years), and we have already had 3 open-heart surgeries in the last 3 years and have 2 more coming up this year or next.
We have no resources to "tap into" this time. He will have to provide, and yet He is the Lord that parted the Jordan...and not just when it was at it's regular level...but just to remind us of His power...He parted it at FLOOD LEVEL!
I love that I serve a God that is into the details...that comforts me in His word by reminding me who He is and who I am! Yahoo!! He's not worried that LifeSong didn't have a matching grant! He's not worried that our timeline is slowed down by a request for more paperwork. He's the God that takes care of His people during Flood Time!
I'm doing a happy dance today!! For when Miss Lily Rose will be in our arms! And not for the seen...but for the unseen! For the battle that is being wage in the heavenly realms on our behalf! We know who wins this victory!
"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145: 3



2 comments:
Whew! I needed to read this today because we are in the same boat as you... strapped finances with the economy, an adoption in the last six months and open heart surgery too plus a wedding and one in college. We too are praying for the Jordan to part for us as well. Bless you for your post and encouragement!!!
Sharon
Beautifully said Dear Friend! God is very much in the details and I can't wait to watch this to completion. What a story to be told and a witness to God's love and faithfulness. We love you and lift you up as you continue to wait on His perfect timing and His perfect provision!
Love you~
Sherri
PS See you Friday!!!!
Post a Comment