Our family had the opportunity to go to the Columbia "Zoo-Zoom", as Isabelle calls it, over the Christmas break. We took some wonderful pictures of the girls feeding the giraffe. Unfortunately we had a camera malfunction and lost all the shots.
In lieu of the zoo shots, I decided to post some of Michaela's and my favorite photos from our safari in South Africa. Unfortunately we had the auspicious privilege of setting the Kruger record for the hottest day ever in the park...it was over 120 degrees. Let me tell you that is HOT when you are in an open safari vehicle on the plains of Africa. Due to the heat, we did not see any Big Cats. They all, wisely, stayed in the shade. The rest of the animals cooperated and came out even despite the heat.
I kept saying the entire day, how can anyone see these animals and not believe in a Creator!
This was our safari vehicle. I felt like I was in a movie when we walked up to it!
This was our driver, Lynn. She was complete with a South African accent which made the entire trip complete.
And this was my favorite sighting of the day...
"How many are Your works, O Lord! In wisdom You made them all; the earth is full of Your creatures." Psalm 104:24








1 comment:
Glad I posted too! Wouldn't want you to lose track of the child you named!!! :-)
Love the photos, can only imagine the wonderful time it was - even with that extreme heat. ouch!
Post a Comment