You may remember, last year before Isabelle came home, I launched a blog named Simplify, Organize, Economize. The idea behind the blog was to share any ideas I found to simplify my life as a full-time wife, mother to five, homeschool mom, part-time bookkeeper from home, small farm entrepreneur, etc. Needless to say the blog was short-lived; however, I thought it would be fun to share some of those ideas on this blog.
Here's my first "Economize" Tip. I just discovered this website last night!!
You may be familiar with Groupon, a website that offers daily discounted deals based on your geographic area. This brand-new site is similar but offers local savings on kid-friendly attractions in your area.
Yesterday I purchased a $25 annual family membership to the Latta Raptor Center, just 15 minutes from our home. I'm thrilled since we are planning a raptor unit study in homeschool this year.

Here's a summary from Savvy Savings on how it works:
How Savvy Savings and Scholarships Works
The Savings: Each week, we offer parents a significant savings on a fun, family-friendly activity selected by our Savvy Source editors. Once enough people have signed up to purchase, the Savings and Scholarships offer becomes active. We store your receipt of purchase in your online Savvy Savings account, where you can easily find it to print now or save for later. Check out today's offers now!
The website only offers deals to limited cities so far, but it's worth checking out the site to see if they offer deals near you!
Savvy Savings
1 comment:
Hi there from Raleigh! I met your husband tonight at the volleyball game in Raleigh. Congrats, your school won! It was wonderful hearing about your family. The adoption community has allowed me to meet so many wonderful families! Perhaps one day we can meet in person, Jody Brannon
Post a Comment