Thursday, April 29, 2010


I love being a mom to TWO little girls again (plus my 3 older girls, too, of course). This week I promised Sarah Mei and Isabelle we'd polish their toenails. Then we put on their matching sandals, and we were out the door! It's so fun when they'll still let you dress them up!!



Yesterday we had one of those days in homeschooling that I love. Michaela and AnnaGrace were completing their last day of required annual standardized testing. In the state of NC, all homeschoolers are required to administer standardized tests each year, just to monitor the progress of their students. While the big girls were testing, the little girls and I snuck out to the front porch for some reading time.

Accompanied by one of our cats, Buster, and our faithful Australian Shepherd, Zoe, (it just makes me want to say "and their good old bulldog Jack"...I hope some of you are Little House on the Prairie fans or you have NO idea what I'm talking about:), we covered up with blankets, sat on the rocking chairs and read away.


Sarah Mei's current favorites are Make Way for Ducklings, Ferdinand and Ping. Yesterday we also read The Big Green Pocketbook.

These moments are one of the many things I love about homeschooling.

(***Just a note about yesterday's post...lest you think I don't have a 401K or have never played tennis, had botox, bought flowers, etc., you'd be mistaken. My point is NOT that there is anything inherently wrong with any of these things, but when I start letting them become my "gods", I have to go back to boot camp and get new marching orders. I have a focus problem:) So I get to attend boot camp regularly!!***)

4 comments:

Pam said...

Loved yesterday's post and the pictures today! Well said! The girls are just beautiful.

jasnjoj said...

I love homeschooling too, Elaine. Love, LOVE, LOVE it! Not that every day is great - or even good - but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

I love those two blogs you mentioned also! Katie and Linny - two great women of God!

Carolin said...

How cute!!! Love those pink toenails!

Jennifer Flynn Reeves said...

Love these two girls! They look great! Hey Elaine if you get a sec can you email me? Somehow I don't have your email address. Had a quick question for you.
Give the girls a hug from me!
Jen :)
flynnje@musc.edu