Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Transitioning Well


The following is part of an email I received from Elaine tonight.

"The transition with Isabelle has gone amazingly well. She cried for less than a minute at the "hand off" and now only cries if I leave her. Her energy level is quite low since her oxygen levels are at 63%. She is very strong with her upper body and is sharp mentally. She also has great manual dexterity. Her lower body strength is very low.. I believe she's spent a lot of time in a walker due to her her low energy levels.

She is warming up to all of us and has a beautiful smile and giggle. She's VERY ticklish and laughs out loud when we tickle her. She has definite opinions which she makes clear by her verbalizations.

We're in "solitary confinement" to keep her healthy. A cold or respiratory infection, at this point, could be disastrous. Torie and Michaela are going for a few hours a day and exploring the street/markets close to our hotel. Once we arrive in Guangzhou, there are other families that I hope they can do some sightseeing with during our stay."

Thank you for continued prayer support!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love the pictures!!! So happy to see her in your arms!!!

Ashley said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! Praises she is in your arms!

Praying for Isabelle's heart and oxygen levels. I am so thrilled for you.

Congratulations! Sending Hugs - Ashley