Monday, December 22, 2008

Adopting AGAIN!!..this time from Ethiopia.



We are requesting 2 girls under the age of 10 (preferably one will be an infant/toddler...but we'll see who God has planned for our family.) It's so exciting to know that God had our daughters picked out for us before the foundation of the earth!! We can't wait to meet them.

Now comes the paper pregnancy...the updated homestudy, the I-600a, the fingerprinting, the ordering of birth certificates, marriage certificates, the divulging of tax returns and bank statements and the months of waiting. Praise God we're veterans now at the paperchase, so it doesn't seem so daunting. (Remind me of this in a few months!)

Please pray with us that God will protect our girls in a country that is in the midst of another famine. Pray God will prepare both our hearts and ALL of our girls' hearts as we prepare to expand our family. Pray for God's provision of the necessary finances to pay for this adoption. After an international adoption and 2 open-heart surgeries, in the last year, the finances seem a bit daunting and yet we are at peace that God will fund what He has called our family to complete!!


No this isn't a photo of one of our daughters. This is just a sweet baby that Phil had the privilege of holding when he visited Ethiopia in January of this year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ELAINE!!! You little secret keeper you! Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you and your family. There is an ET group here in Charlotte and we would love for you to join us!!

April

Jen Barbee said...

Woah! We are so excited for you all! You have such a beautiful family. We can't wait to see what God is going to do to make it even more beautiful! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Coach, Elaine and family -
I got your Christmas card and came to your blog. What a great way to keep up with you guys. I can't believe how long it's been. Torie and Michaela are so beautiful and the two little ones are precious. Congratualtions on adopting again. I look forward to hearing how things are going.

I hope your family has a very Merry Christmas!

Love to all of you!
Brittney Aldea (Wetherington)
AKA - "B"
dolphins7@hargray.com

Our family said...

We were so excited to see your 2 latest updates and especially this wonderful news about your adoption. We were expecting news of your plans to adopt one girl from Ethiopia, but 2!! Wow! We were surprised and so delighted. I have been praying for your adoption and your precious babies who don't even know that they are already loved by a mom and dad and 4 sisters. May God continue to richly bless you as you seek to obey His commands.
Jan

Carolin said...

Oh wow Elaine, I had no idea ... and I've been so far behind on checking blogs. I'm so glad I stopped by tonight.

I'm so excited for you!!!! I've been following a blog by a family who is adopting another special needs from China through the same agency we are with. They have an amazing story, while waiting for Jubilee - they adopted a little boy and girl from Uganda!

Check out her blog if you get a chance:

http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/

they are ministers in Colorado.

Can't wait to hear more!