Well we finally got Sarah Mei's 2nd open-heart surgery date....June 27th. Now comes 4 weeks of isolation on the farm (to ensure her good health before surgery), followed by 5-7 days in the hospital (traveling to MUSC in Charleston, SC again) and then ending with another month of isolation!! The good news...all the isolation time will give me lots of opportunities to complete farm projects I have on my "To Do" list....building a portable hen house for laying hens, preparing 2 of our ponies for sale, helping Phil fix the goat fencing for the 3rd time...who knew that AnnaGrace's 2 pygmy goats could be such Houdini's??, and prepping more areas for flower beds.
Please pray with us that God will guide the surgeon's hands, that Sarah Mei's valve tissue will be healthy enough that the surgeon can use it to rebuild her valves again...otherwise a metal heart valve will be used...not a great option for a 2 year old, and pray for her entire medical staff...anesthesiologist, nursing staff, Cardiac PICU staff, etc. that they will provide excellent care. Also pray that our family will be a testimony, during this time, to the love of Jesus Christ and His provision in our lives!!

Our Acacia Village $5 Friday fundraising has slowed markedly. From a human perspective it's disappointing, but then the Lord reminds me that His Holy Spirit is the one that works in hearts and moves individuals to give!! If you've been prompted to give, but have been waylaid by the Tyranny of the Urgent (have you read this booklet??? It's a great reminder of how "urgent" issues get our attention while the truly "important" get overlooked), would you consider giving this week? I've attached an address to a recent CNN news article detailing the current drought situation in Ethiopia and the subsequent effects on the "least of these". The needs in Ethiopia are real and URGENT. Acacia Village will be a safe haven for children who would otherwise face starvation, homelessness and hopelessness.
http://m.cnn.com/cnn/archive/archive/detail/115239/full
After reading this article, I remind myself, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6,7

This is a photo of Stephne, a CWA Ethiopian staff member, with children in one of CWA's orphanage. I love Stephne's smile and obvious love for the children. Phil had the privilege of spending time with Stephne and her family, while in Ethiopia. They are passionate about loving and caring for God's children!! THANKS Stephne for your part in Ethiopia and Acacia Village!
4 comments:
Elaine and Phil, Thank you for the work that you are doing in Ethiopia. We returned home 4/12/08 with our 2 daughters Evie 8 and Mazie 2 and have enjoyed every moment of the experience. I can not talk Jay into 4 more girls(especially since we have 4 sons) but I will be in prayer for them. God will bring the right family forward for them. God bless you, Sharry, Jay and the Holdren crew
Elaine,
I am so glad you updated. Guess what, Lilly had her heart surgery last summer on June 27! I couldn't believe the date when I first read it. I don't believe in luck, but I just thought that was "cool". I know God will be watching over Sarah Mei! I hope you all are doing well.
Jan
We are praying for Sarah Mei! Our prayer is that God would grant you peace and happiness as you are in isolation on the farm. It sounds like you have plenty planned to keep you entertained. We will certainly be praying on the 27th. Much love...
We live in Charleston and my mom, husband, and lots of friends work at MUSC. I would love to come meet you when you are here for the surgery. And please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your time here easier.
email me at shannongregg@gmail.com and I can pass along my phone numbers. when exactly will you be in Charleston?
Post a Comment