Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thank You!!

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support and response to our $5 Friday campaign. We've raised $245.00 in just 3 days. Please pray with us that we can meet our 1st goal of $1,000 by this Friday, April 11th.


During his time in Ethiopia, Phil had the pleasure of meeting this little girl. She, her twin sister and her 10 year old twin sisters are waiting to find their "forever family." I love seeing the "faces" of the children who are being helped by Christian World Adoption and CWF.

A word about the Friday $5 Challenge...I have to admit it was with fear and trepidation that I sent out an e-mail, last week, to all 150 contacts in my Yahoo address book. I've never attempted a fundraising effort and was concerned how everyone would respond. I was shocked (and in tears) Friday morning when I opened my in-box and found words of encouragement, not only from friends in the States, but also from friends in China and Africa.!! Several people, whom we e-mailed, forwarded our $5 Friday challenge to their friends, and we began getting donations from people we've never even met! Thank you!!

Now for a few photos...The following photo is of Tomilee Harding, founder of Christian World Adoption and Christian World Foundation, as she took her turn laying the cornerstone of Acacia Village. I love this picture because it captures Tomilee's zeal for what she and her husband, Bob, do..."care for orphans".


And finally, a family photo...We attended a family reunion, in Hardeeville, SC, at the end of March. After almost 11 years of living in North Carolina, we discovered that we are wimps when it comes to heat and humidity. Sarah Mei shared our sentiments as she ate yet another piece of ice in an effort to stay cool. This photo is priceless to me because it shows Sarah Mei's little chubby cheeks. I LOVE toddlers!!


"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" I John 3:1a

No comments: